Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes areas of unwanted fat from the thighs, abdomen, flanks, arms, back, and chin. Liposuction is ideal for individuals who experience stubborn areas of fat even after adhering to a stringent diet and exercise program. Liposuction is not considered a weight loss procedure, and an ideal candidate should be close to their ideal body weight and in good health.
Your Liposuction Surgery
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice and ask questions.
- Review your health history and liposuction goals with your surgeon to determine if liposuction, or a combination of body contouring procedures, is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with our surgery coordinators
Day of Surgery
- Your liposuction surgery will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure.
- Generally, a combination of IV sedation and local anesthesia will be used for your procedure.
- Depending on the number of areas treated, liposuction typically takes 1 hour.
- You can expect to be in recovery for 1 hour after your surgery.
- After having liposuction, you will be placed in a compressive garment, which will help minimize swelling and brusing that you may experience after having liposuction. This garment is typically worn for one month, after the garment is discontinued, your surgeon will discuss with you your returning to your regular exercise routine.
- Patients generally return to work 3-5 days following liposuction.
To learn more about liposuction, visit our Liposuction FAQ page.
Our patient representatives are available to answer your questions and assist you with scheduling a consultation at 423-763-4558 or 1-800-634-3334.