Women with disproportionately large breasts commonly suffer from back, neck and shoulder pain as well as skin irritation beneath the breasts and sagging or stretched skin as a result of the extra weight. Women have also reported being limited in terms of physical activity because of their overly large breasts. All of these concerns may be addressed with a breast reduction or a combination of breast procedures. Breast reduction is a surgical procedure to help reduce the size of overly large breasts. A breast reduction can also improve the size and shape of breasts as well as alleviate other conditions caused by the excess weight.
Your Breast Reduction Surgery
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice to ask questions.
- Review your health history and breast reduction goals with your surgeon to determine if a breast reduction, or a combination of breast surgeries, is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with one of our surgery coordinators
Day of Surgery:
- Your breast reduction will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure.
- IV sedation with local anesthesia is normally used.
- A breast reduction typically takes approximately 2-4 hours.
- After your breast reduction you can expect to be in recovery from 1 to 2 hours.
- You may experience temporary discomfort and swelling after your procedure.
- Women will typically return to work several days after surgery
- Regular activities may be resumed 4 weeks after surgery.
Fees and Financing Information
At your initial consultation you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our surgery coordinators to discuss fees and payment options. Click here to learn more about financing options available at the Plastic Surgery Group.
Your breast reduction may be covered under insurance. Oftentimes, insurance carriers will make their decision for coverage based on the amount of tissue to be removed in relation to your weight and height. Every case is different and your surgeon will review insurance coverage with you during your initial consultation.
Our patient representatives are available to answer your questions and assist you with scheduling a consultation at 423-763-4558 or 1-800-634-3334.