Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to help improve the appearance, size and shape of your breasts.Pregnancy, changes in body weight, and aging can affect the size and shape of your breasts. Breasts may also be underdeveloped, disproportionate to your body, or different sizes. All of these aesthetic concerns may be addressed with a breast augmentation or a combination of cosmetic breast procedures.
Your Breast Augmentation Surgery
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice to ask questions.
- Review your health history and breast augmentation goals to determine if a breast augmentation, or a combination of cosmetic breast surgeries, is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with one of our surgery coordinators
Day of Surgery
- Your breast augmentation will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure.
- IV sedation with local anesthesia is normally used.
- A breast augmentation typically takes approximately 1 hour.
After your breast augmentationt:
- You can expect to be in recovery from 1 to 2 hours.
- You may experience temporary discomfort and swelling after your procedure.
- Women will typically return to work several days after surgery
- Regular activities may be resumed 4 weeks after surgery.
Our patient representatives are available to answer your questions and assist you with scheduling a consultation at 423-763-4558 or 1-800-634-3334.