Injectable fillers can be used to treat a wide variety of aesthetic concerns from wrinkles and fine lines to loss of facial volume. Injectable treatments usually take less than 45 minutes and many people find that they can resume most regular activities or return to work right after their treatment.
Which Injectable Filler is Right for Me?
Below you will find the list of injectable fillers that are currently offered at the Plastic Surgery Group. After a skin care consultation, one of our Plastic Surgeons or our Aesthetic Nurse will recommend the product(s) best suited for each individual patient.
Restylane® is primarily used as a filler to:
- Add fullness to the face
- Improve facial contours
- Minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
It produces natural, safe and long-lasting results.
Areas commonly treated with Restylane® include:
- Nasolabial folds (nose to corner of your mouth)
You will see the full results of your treatment after about one week. The effects of Restylane® can last for six months or more before being naturally absorbed into the body. Repeat treatments of Restylane® are recommended to maintain maximum results.
Used to softly augment the lips for a natural, fuller appearance.
- Silk™ is composed of hylauronic acid, a natuarlly-occuring substance that draws in water to fill the lips.
- The molecules in Silk™ are smaller than the molecules in other injecables, making it a favorite among professionals for lip augmentation.
Restalyne® Lyft™ is an injectable filler that is used to treat the midface area as well as nasolabial folds.
The FDA has approved this filler to:
- Lift cheeks
- Smooth moderate to severe lines, folds, and wrinkles on the sides of mouth and nose.
The results are highly effective and last between six to twelve months. Repeat treatments of Restalyne® Lyft™ are recommended to maintain maximum results.
- Helps correct nasolabial folds and marionette lines for a more natural look to your face.
- The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane® Refyne is also designed to help maintain natural movements and facial expressions.
- This injectable filler treats moderate wrinkles and fine lines and offers results that can last six months or longer.
- Helps to smooth out deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines).
- Using innovative cross-linking technology, Restylane Defyne® is able to help restore a more youthful, natural-looking appearance, while helping you maintain your natural facial expressions and movements.
- FDA approved dermal filler that is used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles.
- instantly smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth (nasolabial folds).
- Its effectiveness has been proven to deliver natural-looking results that can last up to 1 year.
- Juvederm® XC aids with skin elasticity and is naturally absorbed into the body.
- Juvederm Vollure™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding volume to the lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
- Produces subtle and long-lasting results for up to 18 months.
- FDA approved to instantly add volume to the cheek.
- Primarily used to correct age related volume loss in the midface. This loss of volume can age the face and cause someone to look tired.
- The results of Voluma™ are instantaneous and can last up to two years.
- Injectable filler for the lips that can give you the natural-looking, long-lasting results you're looking for.
- Used to reshape lips that have lost structure due to aging and other factors.
- Results of this filler can be expected to last up to one year.
- Used as an injectable filler to add subtle volume to lips and to soften the vertical lip lines.
- The results with this product are mostly instant
- Can be expected to last up to one year.
- Sculptra® is injected into the skin to restore fullness in the face and reverse the signs of aging related to fat loss.
- It is effective, well tolerated and long-lasting.
- Sculptra® is injected with local anesthesia below the skin surface in areas which have suffered volume loss.
- While Scupltra® does not correct the cause of fat loss, it will increase skin thickness which adds fullness to the face.
Sculptra® works differently than injectables such as Restylane® in that its result is accomplished over time rather than immediately. For optimum improvement, most patients require a series of two to three sessions spread out over several months.
Sculptra™ requires re-injection only about every two years to maintain the maximum correction.
As with any injection there may be minor discomfort during your treatment. Some bruising may be anticipated which is self-limited and can be treated with massage and ice pack application.
For additional information about Scupltra® read the article, The Sculptra Solution, written by one of the Plastic Surgery Group surgeons.
With any injectable filler treatment the patient may experience some minor bruising, swelling, and tenderness at and around the injection site(s). This discomfort is temporary and generally subsides within a few days. If the discomort lasts more than a few days, please feel free to call our office with your concerns.