Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Abdominoplasty, commonly referred to as a tummy tuck, is a procedure used to remove excess skin and fat from the abdomen and tighten the abdominal wall. If you have loose skin or a protruding abdomen due to pregnancy, changes in weight or other factors, you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck. While a tummy tuck is an excellent way to tighten and tone your midsection, it is not a weight loss procedure and in order to be a candidate for a tummy tuck you should be at or near your ideal body weight.
Your Tummy Tuck Surgery
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice and ask questions
- Review your health history and tummy tuck goals with your surgeon to determine if a tummy tuck is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with our surgery coordinators
Day of Surgery
- Your abdominoplasty surgery will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure.
- A combination of IV sedation and local anesthesia is normally used.
- A typical tummy tuck procedure will last around 2 hours.
- You can expect to be in recovery 1 to 2 hours after your surgery.
- After your tummy tuck, you will experience some swelling, bruising and discomfort. After 4 weeks, your swelling and bruising will start to subside.
- Many patients return to work two weeks after their procedure.
- For the first few weeks after your surgery you should not bend, lift or stretch your abdomen in any way.
For more information about tummy tuck surgery, view our Tummy Tuck FAQ page.
Our patient representatives are available to answer your questions and assist you with scheduling a consultation at 423-763-4558 or 1-800-634-3334.