Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
Often caused by significant weight loss and aging, the skin along the upper arm will start to sag and create what can be referred to as a ‘batwing’. This skin cannot be tightened through diet and exercise and must be surgically removed. An arm lift is designed to remove this excess skin to create a more youthful looking arm.
Your Arm Lift Surgery
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice and ask questions
- Review your health history and cosmetic goals with your surgeon to determine if arm lift surgery is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with one of our surgery coordinators
Day of Surgery:
- Your arm lift will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure.
- A combination of IV sedation and local anesthesia is normally used
- Typically an arm lift will last around 2 hours.
- You can expect to be in recovery for 1 hour after your surgery.
- After your arm lift, you will experience some swelling, bruising and discomfort.
- All of the sutures used in your surgery will be dissolvable and any drains placed during surgery will be removed 1 week after surgery.
- Many patients return to work one week after their procedure.
- For the first three weeks after your surgery you should not overextend your arms and avoid strenuous activities.
- Ace wraps or compressive garments are typically worn for 2-4 weeks after surgery to help reduce swelling.
Our patient representatives are available to answer your questions and assist you with scheduling a consultation at 423-763-4558 or 1-800-634-3334.