Serving Chattanooga, Tennessee
To learn more about laser resurfacing, we recommend the article Freshen Your Skin with Fractional LASER, written by one of our surgeons.
Fractional Skin Resurfacing
What makes fractional skin resurfacing different from other types of laser resurfacing? Fractional skin treatments only treat a "fraction" of the skin's surface, leaving healthy tissue to assist in the rapid healing process. At The Plastic Surgery Group we recommend having the Lutronic eCO2 laser.
Fractional skin laser treatments are effective for the following:
- Reduce lines and deep wrinkles on the face
- Tighten skin on the face and neck
- Change the appearance of scars
- Improve skin tone around eyelids, jowls and neck
- Rejuvenate sun-damaged skin and improve texture
- Remove pigmented lesions
- Improve tone and texture on the chest, arms and hands
What to expect during and after the procedure:
- Minimal discomfort during the procedure with local sedation
- Swelling and redness for a few days or longer if treatment is aggressive
- Within days, new skin forming to take place of older, sun-damaged skin
- Quick return to your regular activities
- Significant improvement of the skin with only one treatment
- Continued improvement in skin texture and tone for up to nine months
Fractional skin resurfacing treatment helps your skin return to a youthful texture and tone, leaving you with a lasting healthy glow. Patients are happy to see significant improvement after only a single treatment. This procedure may be performed before or after the use of injectable fillers or Botox. In addition, following a traditional facelift, fractional skin resurfacing puts the "icing on the cake".
If you would like more information on skin care procedures including laser resurfacing, contact our Chattanooga, Tennesse plastic surgeons for a confidential consultation.